New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell (D) signed a coronavirus emergency order last week allowing her to ban the sale and transportation of firearms.
She signed a follow-up proclamation on March 16, 2020, further emphasizing her emergency powers to “suspend or limit the sale, dispensing, or transportation, of alcoholic beverages.”
The declaration declaring the mayor’s power to restrict gun sales and transportation says she is “empowered, if necessary, to suspend or limit the sale of alcoholic beverages, firearms, explosives, and combustibles.” Breitbart
All over the nation cities, counties and states are passing executive orders and it makes one wonder what is really going on. Is this out of fear and panic or is this simply because people are ignoring guidelines and advisories? Or is this something far more down the rabbit hole?
- Impose a curfew
- Bar residents from public buildings
- Close all liquor stores
- “Require closing of business establishments”
- Prohibit the sale of firearms and ammunition
- “Order City employees or agents, on behalf of the City, to take possession of any real or personal property of any person, or to acquire full title or such lesser interest as may be necessary to deal with a disaster or emergency”
- Ration or shut off public utilities, such as water and power
We hear the President of the United States address the nation and provide guidelines and people are choosing to ignore the safety and out of arrogance, they do as they please.
This means we can expect things to get far worse before they get better and we will see more executive orders because people refuse to do what they need to be doing.
Chris “Badger” Thomas is a Veteran who served our country as an Army Combat Medic.
FOLLOW @Breaking_1st on Twitter for News On Time.
Scroll down to leave a comment!